2016/06/02

Inky goodness: Nickel Teal Time Wash

In my pens and ink post yesterday I paired this gorgeous combination: the pelikan M805 Vibrant blue with Organics Studio Nickel Teal.
Just love this color! And it's going to be available soon again, yay! @organicsstudio #nickelteal #organicsstudio #bluehues #fpgeeks #FPN #fountainpennetwork #fountainpen #pelikan #pensansink #vibrantblue
This ink will be in the line up of the relaunch Organics Studio will have this month. Recently I have been into ink washes, also thanks to a few great swaps on swapbot and I've made a few fun note cards with a rubber stamp emboss resist technique and the Nickel Teal ink which I want to show you today.

Nickle Teal Time wash
I started with diluting the ink in my tray. I posted a few drops of in in the tray and added drops of water to them, 3, 8, 12 and 17. In the middle I also added a little bit of shimmer in the form of blue Pearl Ex powder. I also made sure I had a bit of 100% non diluted ink in my tray as well. I stamped the image a few times on water color paper and lightly embossed it with Wow lagoon embossing powder. The image is from Non Sequitur plate Time and Space which is available at the Stempelwinkel. 

Nickle Teal Time wash
The way I started off with the wash is from light to dark layering, so I used the most diluted ink first to create an over all light tone and added darker tones to arias I wanted darker. The embossed parts of the stamp resist the ink, so the image doesn't wash away and shows through the ink clearly.

Nickle Teal Time wash
I used a mixture of wet on and wet and dry overlay wash techniques. To get the desired darker effects I waited in between layers to add more color. The less diluted, the more saturated the dried up color is, obviously.

Nickle Teal Time wash
It's fun to test out different kind of washes. Here I made the edges of the image darker and added a spatter effect with the non diluted ink over it when dried. When I was satisfied with the desired effect the wash created, it was time to make some cards out of them!

Nickle Teal Time wash
I measured and cut out both pieces so the image was in the center. With this piece I rounded off the corners with a corner punch, matted on black card stock, also rounded off the corners and then adhered it to a folded note card which I then also rounded off. I love the layered effect this created. 

Nickle Teal Time wash
With this piece I also splattered on some water drops and let that dry. That created the lighter aria's on the card. Then I cut the edges with a figure scissor. I have a fun stars punch from the HEMA which you can reposition on the whole card and I used that on this card. It creates a nice "starry night" effect with the black background. I adhered the piece to a dark blue note card. 

Nickle Teal Time wash
The cards side by side. I love this teal color! It creates such beautiful washes! The cards also have a bit of shimmer to it due to the Pearl Ex Powders which you can see a little bit here:
Nickle Teal Time wash
Nickle Teal Time wash
It's very subtle and you can only see the shimmer when the light hits the card a certain way. I definitely love how these cards turned out :)
Nickle Teal Time wash
The fortnight challenge at the Stempelwinkel stamper's #9 challenge is blue and I'm entering these cards for the challenge. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope this inspired you to play around with ink washes as well :)

Have a great day!
Namasté

6 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, the rounded corners of the first card and the watersplatters and punched stars of the second card could be combined into one very beautiful card (just my opinion, the figure-edges are too busy in combination with the splatters). The wash-effect is great, it gives the image a lot of depth. Thank you for joining the challenge at De Stempelwinkel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jetske! I value feedback and you might be right with the figure scissor edges being a bit too busy. But it's all about process and experimentation :) Love the challenges at de stempel winkel and am looking forward to the next one :)

      Delete
  2. I was eying this ink for months and then it went away.… Soooo happy it'll be back!
    I love what you do with it here 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanja! Oh why didn't you tell me? Would have been happy to send you a sample! But it looks like they will be for sale again this month at OS website. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow what a great collages, like it very much. Thanks for joining us at de stempelwinkelchallenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.