2016/06/10

Art Journal: A study of Hera part one

At the Art Specially event earlier this year, I got a whole bunch of stamps and among them was this huge XXL Héra Stamp from Carabelle ( I got it at the Leuke Stempels booth) Well, to correct myself, my husband got me this stamp as a present :) When I saw it I knew it has so many possibilities esp. for my art journal. I am doing a series called "the study of Héra" in my art journal and I'm going to share them with you in parts.

Art journal page on vintage index paper, carabelle XL stamp, distress stains and crayons - #art #rubberstamped #rubberstampart #carabelle #distresscrayons #distressstains #artjournalmt #artjournal #mixedmediaartist #mixedmediaart #mixedmedia

I have all these vintage A-Z brown colored papaer index tabs (which I saved from being thrown in the trash can at work!) and I used one of them for this project. First I gave the page some color with blue distress stains. I wiped some on my craft sheet and sprayed water on it. Then put my page in the puddle. It gave a nice blue back ground wash effect. After that I stamped Héra with Staz-on Stone Grey (I had to reposition her to get her hair fully on the paper) and then colored her with Distress Crayons.

So I went a bit of Cray Cray yesterday at the #artspecially2016 event yesterday. This is part of the loot. And yes had to get the full set. #distresscrayons #timholtz #artsupplies #craftygoodness #colorful #craftygirl #craftyendeavors
I really love these! I love how soft and creamy they are and you can blend them nicely!

hera studies
I created a dark blue border with distress stains straight on the paper, sprayed some glimmer mist over, added some texture stamps in dark blue and lavender brilliance ink and then adhered the colored page to it. That's basically it for the first studies, it's simple and effective!

hera studies

hera studies

hera studies
The dark border really makes the image pop out!

Next time will show you another page I created with this stamp. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
namasté

4 comments:

  1. Gaaf dat je met deze grote stempel aan de slag bent gegaan. (Wat een mooi kado!) Deze vind ik heel mooi; dromerig en zonnig! Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.