2016/06/17

Art Journal: a study of Hera part two

Last week I showed you a fairly simple crayon colored page of Hera in my art journal. Today I'm kicking it up a notch. I stamped her on vintage typewritten paper and added a lot of other elements to it to form a mixed media page in my journal.
hera studies roses
hera studies roses
hera studies roses
I used stencil girl succulent stencil and copper colored acrylic paint for the roses. Then stamped Hera with Staz On Black. I colored her and the roses with Tombow Dual Brush markers.

hera studies roses
I think noodler's qin shi huang has permanently stained my brush, but I ain't mad, it looks so pretty and gave amazing results! #mixedmediaart #mixedmedia #noodlers #gouletpens #inksampler #inkygoodness #artjournal #stencilgirl #carabelle
Then I took a small round stencil brush and Noodler's ink Qin Shi Huang, which I have a sample of, to give the roses a pretty pink color. And with an overlay of the stencil, I mixed the ink with some iridescent medium to give them a halo.

hera studies roses
As a last step I took some winsor and newton blue drawing ink to give the background a light blue color. I love the pink and blue contrast.

hera studies roses
hera studies roses
In the end I also spattered a bit of pink ink over the page. And she was ready to be added to my art journal.

hera studies roses
I trimmed the page on the sides to fit the journal and adhered the trim on the bottom because the pages were taller than the typewritten page. This way it works nicely and I don't have a blank strip  of the book underneath. I have to say that I'm absolutely in love with this page and am happy the way she turned out.

With this journal page I'm entering the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #25 (their 2nd year anniversary challenge! Congrats to them!) and picked the Butterflies and Blooms theme :)

Next week another take on the Hera stamp incorporated with gelli prints.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

namasté

2 comments:

  1. Your page is beautiful!! thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful piece. the small type in the background almost reminds me of the dots in a roy lichtenstein piece. gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.