2018/08/01

WCW: Micro Art Journaling with Mini Traveler's Notebook

Deskshot 01082018

The state of my desk this morning - after finishing day 1 of the new challenge I am taking part in, which is #30dayswithminiTN hosted by Cafe Analog and Akay Writes on Instagram :) There is a list of prompts which you may or may not use. It just really tickled me to practice my watercoloring routine on a very small scale. The size of the 10th anniversary traveler's notebook mini journal is under 1 inch, 4,6x3.7cm . So you see here one of the Tins that I kept with Watercolors, I am using now for this challenge. The watercolor dots by Daniel Smith are just fantastic to use for this project! Everything fits in a pocket or a small purse so I'll be going on field trips with this as well :) 



 I also made the water color notebook inserts myself. Crazy, right? But super fun and I'm so curious to see where this challenge will take me artistically :)

I've shared the fist page on my instagram
Day one mini TN journal

And the tutorial of the spread you can see below



My goal is to keep posting these mini daily watercolor tutorials/process videos on my Facebook page for 30 days of august... and if this inspired you to join the challenge, please do join in the fun :) 

Sharing the desk shot over at my friends at WOYWW478 (Julia's awesome blog) this week. And let me know what you think of this whole concept of micro journaling :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have an awesome day!


37 comments:

  1. Wow that is certainly art on a miniature scale. What a great way to try out new techniques and ideas while creating a mini work of art. Have a great week. Sarah #19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mini crafting - super videos. Lots of arty things on your desk. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day - Hazel, WOYWW #15 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, wow, my DIL would love this, she's into everything thats tiny and micro sized. Even her handwriting qualifies! Such a great idea. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, getting to your desk... Thanks for visiting mine already and what a fun project, your work is SO lovely!
    A very happy WOYWW to you!
    Claire no.6
    PS The Exploring Silence workshop was very good - it was great to be in a room with 30+ kindred spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you claire - glad to hear the workshop was good :) xo

      Delete
  5. Adorable little mini-books! Such intricate art work on a very small scale. They are charming. Your desk looks so organised, bright and colourful. Thank you for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my vintage music pages. As for the kitties, as they have grown up they certainly haven't lost any of their cuteness which continues to be off the scale! My hubby and I adore them to bits!!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not good at art on a small scale - good for you, they look fab! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I do admire you for taking on this teeny tiny project as it's something that would never happen in my life! It looks really great as do your funky green nails!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do so love mini art, it's the concentration and attention to the finer detail that does it for me. Stunning work, Thank you so much for sharing WOYWW Tracey #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an amazing mini journal. Love it to bits. Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is teeny tiny art! Good luck with your challenge :)

    Carmen x #35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen - I actually managed to complete it!

      Delete
  11. That is so pretty and so dinky! Karen 26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, love the word dinky for small :D thanks Karen xo

      Delete
  12. Wow! that teeny tiny journal is SO cool and I love how you've fitted your whole kit into that little tin to go in your pocket, amazing! Looking forward to checking out your tutorial :o) Annie C #12

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I just came back to say how much I enjoyed your tutorials, and how GORGEOUS the little leather-bound journal is - appeals to my love of books, art journaling and miniatures all in on, I must have a go at that :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it annie, it's so much fun! Thank you xo

      Delete
  14. Did you mean cm, rather than mm? I hope so, otherwise my thumb is HUGE (which I used for scale).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Jane, it's indeed CM - thanks for catching that - I've updated it. And yeah my thumb would have been HUGE too :D

      Delete
  15. Oh my word - that's really tiny! But you must be enjoying it, or I guess you wouldn't be continuing... Enjoy!!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah it was really fun to do :) thanks Margaret xo

      Delete
  16. Wow, what a gorgeous little mini book -I love everything miniature so this really appeals to me. Apologies for being so late getting round, I hope your week is going well,
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, that is mini, but very well done. Thanks for sharing,
    Chris #9

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, these are brilliant, watched the first video and off the watch the others too.
    Great idea :-)
    kyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.