2016/06/20

Mailart Monday - VLVS mail art swap

Last week in my mailart outbox edition, I mentioned I participated in the Viva LasVegaStamps mail art swap via their facebook event page. I wanted to show you the mailart pieces I made for that swap up close today.

VLV mail art swap may
The idea of the swap was to decorate the envelope (any size, I used the regular 6x4 inch size) with VLVStamps and mail it off to your partner. This is the envelope I made. I started with putting some blue and green distress stains on my craft sheet, sprayed water over it and then pressed the envelope on it to get some blue color on the envie. I took masking tape and masked a part in the middle of the envelope where the address needed to be. Then I stamped a large zentangle stamp designed by Sandra Strait which I won years ago, over it and colored it with blue tombow markers. I stamped the woman and leaf design on separate paper, colored them & adhered to the envelope. I also made a faux postage stamp with one of the stamps and a paper punch. The edges are done with a credit card type card and some yellow paint.

rubberstamp package won!
This is the package I won via Sandra's blog 4 years ago and I still enjoy using these stamps a lot!! The large stamp on top is the one I used for the back ground.

VLV mail art swap may
I also made a note card to go with it. The background is paint in teal, lilac and yellow. And I used the same woman and leaf stamp plus other from plates 1436 and 1457. I love the designs from Mary Vogel Lozinak a lot! I'm very happy how it turned out and I hope the recipient will too :)

awesome mail day! thanks to julie for this great mail art through #VLVS @vivalasvegastamps mailart swap :) #mailday #snailmailrevival #snailmail #mailart #swap #post #echtepostiszoveelleuker #echtepost #mixedmedia #rubberstamps
And this is what I received from my partner, Julie :) I absolutely love it! And yes the colors she chose does match the nail polish I am wearing perfectly, LOL!

Hopefully VLVSGroupies will do another mail art trade. I really enjoyed this one :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

namasté

3 comments:

  1. I love your envies, Cheetarah! Ha ha...the stars say that you were meant to be my trade partner - perfect nail polish. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ziet er gaaf uit! En heerlijk als een gewonnen stempel ook zo veel word gebruikt! Mooi ook wat je terug kreeg; altijd genieten! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue enveloppe with the little creature on it .. Toooo cute 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.