2016/06/15

Pens and Ink: Franklin Christoph M65 with Organics Studio Jane Austen Violet

FC 65 with Jane Austen Violet

Recently I had the chance to purchase this gorgeous pen, a Franklin Christoph model 65 in a unique "tiffany stained glass" finish. It was only available at a penshow in the USA and I got lucky to be the one that snagged it off the seller at IG! The nib is a B stubbed nib by Masuyama and just writes like a dream!
I got a lot of other fun suggestions for an ink match up on my video, showing off the sparkle of the pen:


But eventually I chose for this match up:
FC 65 with Jane Austen Violet
FC 65 with Jane Austen Violet
There are a lot of beautiful colors on this "stained glass" pen body material and I decided to pick an ink that matched the violet accents the most. I chose to pair it with Organics Studio Jane Austen Violet. It's a beautiful color between purple and pink and I think it suits the pens rather nicely.

ink comparison
A comparison of OS Jane Austen Violet to OS Lithium Burgundy and Noodler's Black Swan in Australian roses. It's definitely a lot more lilac in swatches and ink washes, but in the FC pen with writing it's a bit more towards the lithium burgundy. These inks are handmade and I have mine for a while, so the color might be a bit different from bottle to bottle. 

FC 65 with Jane Austen Violet
By the way, I am loving my new Huawei P9 phone with the Leica camera :)

I also did a ink wash art work with the ink and found a fitting quote that fits the "mood" of this ink:
lovelorn ink wash
In true Jane Austen fashion: "no love, for the lovelorn" The rubber stamp is from Oxford Impressions. Ink washes are so fun to make! I used the same embossing resist techniques as with the Nickel Teal and Caroube de Cyphre. I do hope that this lady does have a happy end in love at some point... If you are into this color, you'll be happy to know that this ink is also in the new release. Seems like a few retailers are finally getting batches of OS inks in :)
A photo posted by Vanness1938 (@justvanness) on
That is definitely a great line up of inks! At this moment the inks are available at Vanness pens and Anderson pens :) 

Oh and if you want to watch a fun, set in a Jane Austen land kind of movie, watch Austenland. I just loved it (and it's with Felicity!!)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.