2017/04/10

MailART Monday: Venturing Out

venturing out

Freidrich of Stampotique Originals is fast becoming a fave stamp to use in my works. Last week I used him on the text background postcard and this week I'm sharing this MailART envelope I made. Because you can place him in various ways it's a really fun stamp. I like to place him on objects he precariously balances on.

venturing out
The envelope I used this time is an A5 size and it was already somewhat decorated, but I eventually didn't like the look of it in the end. So I covered it with opaque paints from Deco Arts in the Traditions line, Red Violet, Phthalo green blue and light green. I used mostly my fingers to apply the paints from light to dark (letting the bottom layer of light green dry completely) and then spritzed some water to get some movement going and dabbing some paint away for texture. The envelope already had some texture on it, from a stencil and heavy matte gel medium. The texture showed through the paints nicely while being covered with color. I then added some more texture with Kate Crane's texture cube and coordinating staz-on inks. Lastly I stamped Freidrich on with staz-on jet black where I wanted him on the envelope.

venturing out
I adhered an address label before I stuck on the colored (with promarkers) and fuzzy cut image of Freidrich. I wanted him to balance on something and I found the perfect stamp in VLVS! the Writing Triangles which stamped flipped on the side look like arrow heads. I love how he looks so very concentrated balancing on that particular point!

venturing out
Lastly I spattered some liquitex inks! in silver over some spots, swiped some around the edges and adhered some vintage stamps. It's now ready to mailed off :)

This envelope contained the card I sent for publishing in Crafter's Magazine May 2017 issue. And I'm excited to announce that I have a card published in it :) Look out for a card I designed for the New beginnings theme in ready set stamp section in the magazine below:


And a close up of the card that is published :)

I'll post a tutorial on how to make this card on my blog sometime later this month :)

I would like to enter the mail art envelope in the following challenge:
Art Journal Journey - Magical Mystery Tour
It's not a journal page, but I still thing it fits the theme ;)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Leuk dat je hem steeds weer anders gebruikt!
    En gefeliciteerd met je publicatie; gaaf!
    Niet zo gaaf is dat ik de Craftstamper steeds later krijg; heb 'm nog steeds niet binnen!
    Ik hoop dat jij 'm wel al binnen hebt? Ben daar wel benieuw naar... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Gerrina :) Ik heb geen abbo op TCS dus ik weet niet hoe lang het normaal duurt om aan te komen. Ik heb deze issue ook nog niet ontvangen, maar ze heeft het pas vorige week naar me verstuurd. Groetjes, Cheetarah

      Delete
  2. Interesting this postcard,
    Great creation!!!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elke! By the way, it's an envelope :) xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful! Thank you for linking it to Art Journal Journey ! Wish you a happy Easter! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.