2017/04/11

You stand in your own light, make it shine

you stand in your own light, make it shine

Yesterday I took out some my new supplies from my Art Specially haul this year and made the above card. I used my Lindy's magical shaker's on the text background (vintage typewriter text), Tim Holtz Alterations dies, Patio Lights and Alice from Stampotique Originals. I also used some fabulous caran d'ache Neopastels which I got at La Couronne du Comte and I absolutely LOVE working with them on my projects!

you stand in your own light, make it shine
They are so bright and colorful to work with! I used the die from the TH mixed media set on heavy 200gms card stock, applied a good amount of white gesso and when that was dry, I rubbed all the oil pastels over the edges of the design. The colors really pop! The images were stamped on neenah classic white cardstock and colored with Letraset promarkers. I fussy cut them out and adhered with ZIG 2way glue pen. I applied a heavy amount of yellow pastel's around the lights so it looked like they shines brightly. Then outlined the sires and bulbs with a black uni posca marker. on the inside, I added a quote;

you stand in your own light, make it shine
It's a quote I got in a fortune cookies once and it's been in my wallet ever since. A reminder to let your light shine brightly! The lettering is done with tombow markers and outlined with faber castell pitt marker.

you stand in your own light, make it shine
Wanted to show you how the card looks on a white background, but the lights really shine on the black background in the first picture above :)  The Stampotique text background challenge is still on until tomorrow, so do link up your projects :)

I also would like to enter this card in the following other challenges:
Try it on Tuesday - use a quote 



Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - What's your super power?

With this post I hope to convey my power to use and blend color in various mediums and have it POP! 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll come by tomorrow to see what I've made for the new challenge theme for Stampotique which goes live then :)

Have an awesome day!

15 comments:

  1. Excellent Cheetarah, love your bright pop of yellow :D Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique challenge again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I love this brightness!Amazing! Thank you for joining us at TioT Cheetarah!
    Happy Day!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a fabulous project, love the colours you've used and some clever techniques too. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! A very creative design and fabulous colors. It's amazing how you found that fantastic quote!
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a fantastic piece, lovely quote inside as well. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally wonderful! I love everything about it!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ! Thank you for joining us over at Stampotique Designers' Challenge !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, this is so cool!! Your superpower is true! =) Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your happy card!! Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Cheeterah! This is amazing. Love all those layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really great - such a wonderful sentiment!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME card Cheeterah!! LOVE it ALL. Thank you SOOO MUCH for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.