2017/05/03

WIP: Gelli Printing on Tomoe River Paper + process video!

Gelli printinh session on tomoe river paper

Today I'm sharing a fun experiment I did recently, which is gelli printing on Tomoe River paper. It's a very lightweight paper, 52gms and in the fountain pen community famous for its great workings with fountain pen (and other) inks. I was wondering if it could hold up to fluid acrylic paints so I experimented a little with DecoART media Fluid Acrylics which I recently received from the decoarts media team as part of the blogger out reach program.

decoart mixed media materials
Gorgeous little bottles with fluid acrylics from Deco Art Media. I also used the bottom stencil by Andy Skinner for a couple of prints among other stencils.
Gelli printinh session on tomoe river paper Gelli printinh session on tomoe river paper

The paper holds up the fluid acrylics really well and the drying time wasn't bad at all. I've filmed this process video and you can watch the whole process here

Not bad work for an half an hour on a monday night, right? The video is sped up to around 9 minutes total, so no worries, LOL :) I really had fun with this and am looking forward to use the prints in a few upcoming projects. If you like the video, please hit like and subscribe to my channel to see more. I have been working on a few other process video's and hope to upload on a bi-weekly basis. Still very new to this, so if you have any tips/suggestions they are welcome. 

As always, thanks ever so much for stopping by and hope you are having a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.