2017/05/12

Shopping Highlight: Arturo Manuel Papeleria in Valencia

Arturo Manuel

Last week I was going through the pictures in my phone and I noticed that I have not yet told you about the wonderful stationery shops I had found in Valencia while being on vacation there last March. Well, let me correct that mistake and share one of them with you today, Arturo Manuel Papeleria. This is a picture of the storefront and judging by the advertisement displayed, it looked promising and let me tell you it definitely was!

arturo manuel
This is the view when you come in. It's actually quite a large store and they have a variety of items for sale, from from office furniture to luxury fountain pens and even art supplies!! Let me tell you, I was like a kid in a candy store!

arturo manuel
The view from the opposite end of the entrance. The kind lady you see at the counter helped me a lot, showing me pens (there were a couple I wanted to see) and I found more of my fave turquoise ink ever and made it my Unicorn Ink!! Yep!! Ok, this is going to be picture heavy, so you can see more pictures of the store below and all will be revealed about the Unicorn Ink as well :)


arturo manuel
They have a lot of stuff on display and the first thing you see is the rows of Diamine inks including all the shimmering ones.

arturo manuel
More inks and a few vintage bottles too.

arturo manuel
Next to the inks some pretty Namiki pens!

arturo manuel
Montblancs are obviously among their inventory.

arturo manuel
Classy looking desk items.

arturo manuel
A wall full with notebooks!

arturo manuel
And the other wall was little cabinets like this and full with art supplies!

arturo manuel
They also know what the latest trends are judging from these newly released tombow Irojiten coloring pencils!

arturo manuel
They have a lot of Delta pens for sale, it's one of the brands they specialize in they said. They like Italian brands I have noticed.

arturo manuel
Like Visconti...

arturo manuel 
And GASP some beautiful Omas pens!

arturo manuel
And a couple of them are really special ones as you can see above...

Omas paragons
These I really needed to see up close... The Omas 70th anniversary pen and the Omas paragon in Arco finish.

arturo manuel
Of course I needed to try the arco and while the nib and pen body was absolutely gorgeous, sadly there was a little malfunction with the piston filler as it didn't close properly and was really tough to operate. So sadly it was taken out of sale and was going to be sent to their repair people. It was at that point also out of my price range but honestly it's a rare find these days. Thankfully I do have an arco pen in my collection (in ogiva model which I also still have to post about...) so I wasn't too sad about not getting it. Just hope it does get repaired so someone else can get to enjoy this pen!

Omas paragons
And on to my Unicorn Ink... well they had a bottle of Montblanc Honore de Balzac Dandy Turquoise for sale, which was a special edition a few years ago. hands down my fave ever turquoise ink so I had to take it home with me! They offered a service to make your ink special by adding some drops of aroma essence by Conway Stewart. They had a few scents, but I chose sea breeze to go with it! It's now smelling like the ocean and to me that is like the perfect ink! So every time I ink up a pen with this gorgeous ink, I will be reminded of the wonderful holiday we had smelling the salty sweet of ocean...

Valencian beach
which we definitely did enjoy by being there :) A little bonus picture for you if you stick it this far out in the post, as I don't share many pictures of us publicly ;)

So if you are in Valencia definitely stop by Arturo Manuel to have a look. I have a couple of more shops to share which will be combined in one post. Also don't forget to check out my post about Kowalski Art store and Gotham Comics

Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.