2017/05/01

MailART Monday: The right side of the brain

Be true

A colorful and bright postcard for the beginning of May! I really hope that spring weather will hit soon and the flowers will bloom and warmth will shine through, like it does on this card. It's another of my Masterboard collage pieces and while I have made this piece initially to send out for a swap, I decided to keep it in one of my art journals. It rarely happens I can't let a piece go, but with this, I think it's the color combo and the meaning behind it... much like this journal page was to inspire oneself to be true. 

The face was stamped on the gelli print I had used in the collage background, I stamped it again on sticker paper and colored it in with promarkers and only stuck on the face part on the right. The sentiment stamp on the left side and added the same text with Molotow paint marker in white on the right. I also did the drips with that. Added some pops of colors with Caran d'Ache neopastels. 

Stamps used: 
Lost Coast Designs "franco face" 
Viva Las VegaStamps! "Be True" and "be adorable"

I would love to enter this piece in the following challenges:
Moo Mania - Faces 
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #36 - Put a Stamp on it



Thanks for stopping by today and have a great FIRST of May :) 




3 comments:

  1. very nice this Face.. i love this page!
    beautiful evening
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page! Beautiful and fun work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.