2017/07/11

Art Journal: Road trip to Paris

Paris on my mind - art joural

Summer is here and obviously summer vacation has been the topic of discussion. While do we don't have any definite plans to go somewhere this summer, I have been feeling nostalgic for Paris. We've been there several times over the years and my sister in law recently went with her family, it made me want to pack up the car and have a road trip to Paris and driving until sunset... Made a little art journal page reflecting those emotions. It's made with watercolors (ecoline) and masking technique and I have this great Eiffel tower mask I used for the negative space. Texture stamps from Studio Light (love the effect it has on the negative space in the tower), some clippings from scrap papers and the car is from a vintage magazine. The sentiment "One's destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things" is from Technique Tuesday.

Paris on my mind - art joural

What is your wander luster within you telling you to drive off to at this moment? 

I would like to share this journal page with the following challenge:




Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day!



23 comments:

  1. What a great idea, wonderful and fantastical journal!!!
    Happy day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elke :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  2. I really love your Paris inspired page. I would love to go to Paris, and you have made me nostalgic, even though I've never been. I think this is a fantastic mixed media journal entry. I love the old car and the Eiffel Tower mask. Thanks for sharing this bit of summertime love with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  3. Gave page! Deze sprong echt in het oog in m'n blogrol; gaaf deze "iconen" bij elkaar! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Gerrina :) Fijne week! Groetjes, Cheetarah

      Delete
  4. This is one AMAZING page Cheetarah! You are such a talented artist!
    Thank you so much for joining Moo Mania & More as well as Art Journal Journey with this beautiful entry!
    Happy week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind my friend! Thank you very much :) Have a great week also! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic! You are an amazing mixed media artist! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Autumn, thank you :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  6. Wowowow, you journalpage is amazing, love every detail and also the colours.

    Thank you so much for sharing at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosie, so glad you liked it :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  7. This is awesome! I love your colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vicki :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful Paris page, the way you used the mask and have graduated and blended the background colours is stunning! Nice to meet you at AJJ and wishing you a lovely week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and it's nice to meet you too :) Have a great week! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
  9. Paris was one of my favorite places to visit with my husband! I love the romantic and beautiful page you created. It captures summer in such a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful creation! The colors fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love what you've done with this piece! I've never been to Paris and even I find myself longing for it!! And this page does such a remarkable job of combining bright energy with classic and elegant images. It's so unique and original and was a real treat to see. Thanks for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Congratulations on your WELL DESERVED Spotlight at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.