2017/07/31

Mail Art Monday: 'Ello

'ello - bookpage postcard Mail Art

'ello my dears - hope you are doing well on this fine Monday! It's time for another Mail Art Monday and I am sharing a postcard I have made recently. It's for a swap on Swap-Bot for the Hand Made Postcard group. Theme was to make a postcard using a book page in your design. As you can see, I used a book page for the background. I used a handmade stencil made from Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies and sennelier watercolors in greens and blues. Then added some gold and white spatters. The edges are stamped with the knitted border from Dylusions stamps and added the black soot crayon around those outer edges.
The focal point, you might have recognized from this video as I was trying to see which of the ladies would fit better at that page. This one didn't go in that art journal page, but she does look very striking here, wouldn't you say? I gave her more color using wink of stella markers, so she also had a bit of shimmer in her. The sentiment was supposed to say "hello" as it was a negative from the TH sizzix words die cut, but the "h" got cut off and well I like the whimsy this adds to the piece.

'ello - bookpage postcard Mail Art
By the way, the woman is a stamp from the clear stamp set "with the right hat" from Dyslusions. I really love the line art of this stamp set and stamping it on a piece of gelli printed paper, makes it even more fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day :)


1 comment:

  1. wonderful designed this journal!!!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.