2016/09/09

Mini Art Journal: Imagine

Imagine Art Journal
Working in my mini art journal is very gratifying and this week I've made another spread using this wonderful "Franco Face" from Lost Coast Designs as focal point. I had John Lennon's Imagine in my head and created the same thing as what I did with the Walk the Moon song in my large art journal. It did help me get the song out of my head and onto a colorful spread :) More pictures are below to show you the process.

Imagine Art Journal
I took an aquarel paper colored with pinks and purples and stamped loopy calligraphy and grunge back ground stamps using memento, staz on and brilliant inks until I was satisfied with the results.
imagine art journal
I love the texture the brilliance rust ink has created on the page.

Imagine Art Journal
Then I went on to stamp the face on sticker paper, twice. From one I cut off the face part and masked it on the other. Stamped the head with grunge and loopy calligraphy stamps again and colored it in with tombows.

Imagine Art Journal
Then I took off the mask and colored the face with promarkers cut her out and decided on the placing in the journal.

Imagine Art Journal
I also made the eyes more expressive by outlining it with the faber castell pitt marker and also used that to write the lyrics with.

Imagine Art Journal
I decided that the background needed some  liquitex Ink spatters and I grounded the face with some washitape. Literally "grounded" with the "you are here" sentiment :)  Made some doodles around the edges and called it done.

I'm also entering this one in this month's Craft Stamper's September Take it, Make it Challenge :) 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll have a fun and creative weekend.

namasté

5 comments:

  1. Ik geloof dat ik heel wat gemist heb, dus ben effe aan het struinen geweest hier op jou blog.... Mooi die mis Grey; zo heerlijk zonnig! Net als de Frida-page trouwens!
    Zeepaardjes vind ik heel bijzondere dieren en die van Stampotique is wel een hele leuke! Ze zwemt in een wel heel mooie omgeving op je kaart! En dan deze dame; hoe kom je erop? Zo gaaf hoe jje de tekst verwerkt hebt! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.