2016/09/05

Mailart Monday: Affectionate Seahorses

After a slight intermission of Mailart Monday's I am back with some new work to show you. Over at Stampotique challenge blog, this fortnight the theme is mailart, so of course I decided it would be fun to make something for that. I chose to make a fun sea themed postcard.

stampotique mail art

I've had these fun seahorses stamps by Stampotique Originals, Rudy and Roger, for a while now and finally decided to use it. I have stamped them on sticker paper and colored them in with letraset pro-markers. The background is made with a gelli plate stencil print which I then dabbed over with Distress ink Broken China and Memento Danube Blue with a blending tool. I stamped the circles from Katzelkraft on with Staz-on Midnight blue and Opaque green. I cut out the seahorses and adhered them to the card. That little speech bubble with heart is a stamp from Mini Punkt which I also stamped on sticker paper and adhered to the card. I found a fun border stamp which I used on the edges and stamped the phrase in French "bien affectueusement" which means "very affectionately" in English to finish off. I also covered the back of the PC this time.

stampotique mail art

I folded over the gelli print on the sturdy cardboard base I used for the PC. It didn't cover the back completely so I added a strip of sticker paper in the middle. Those sticker papers are just so handy! Then used the same techniques as on the front of the card and added some more mail art related stamps from Artemio, font from Technique Tuesday and mini envelopes from Craft and Things. I usually never cover the back like this, so this was a fun experiment to do. I'm happy how it turned out :) 

You can still join in the Stampotique August Challenge until tomorrow. Hope this inspired you to grab your stamps and tools and make some mail art :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

namasté

4 comments:

  1. Love Rudy and Roger, they look fab on your beautiful make :D Thank you for joining us at Stampotique this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, could you email me again regarding your win on Stampotique's page? I somehow deleted your email.... ugh. Thanks Claudine jasminngirl411 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.