2018/11/24

Art Journal: Be happy - AALL & Create


Hi Everyone, another week has flown by and winter season is breaking through here. As the cold is arriving more fully (as well as my Seasonal Affect Disorder) , I thought I'd share a HAPPY and Bright art journal page made with AALL & Create stamps and Lindy's Magical Shakers for some visual warmness.

First I created some watercolors with Lindy's Magical Shakers the 2017 set by sprinkling the powder on my mixing palette and adding water to it. I then stirred the colors thoroughly with the brush to get the pigment & shimmer dissolved in the water. They are such bright and beautiful shimmery colors! Really amazing! 


Now on to the coloring part. I stamped part of Tracy's large stamp from set 109 with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on watercolor paper. Made sure that the imprint was dry completely before I added color to avoid bleeding. And then I started to add the lush color onto the image until I felt it was done.

Which was around this point. I added different colors in the petals to have a nice mix from blue to purple going and greens in the bottom. Adding a bit of Black Forest Black at the bottom and stem you'll get a beautiful subtle grey mix that grounds the image. Tip: when you add spatters if your page isn't completely dry, you'll get some soft blending of the colors as you see here in the background.

Then it was time for some doodling and more stamping. I took a white sakura get pen and doodled in the flower petals & defined the core & stem a bit more. In my collection of AALL & Create stamps I have set 23 from Bipasha Bk which has some lovely text texture stamps and I have used in the background here. From Tracy's set 123 from the recent release I have used the sentiment Be happy and stamped it on the bottom a few times. And in the heart of the flower I just stamped Happy.


After trimming it down I added a border with gelato's and adhered it to my art journal page. These bright and beautiful colors sure do make me very happy!!

Hope you liked seeing this project with gorgeous AALL & Create stamps. Please visit their boutique to shop online or to see where you can get these stamps from their many stockists world wide. 
Products used:

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
 

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.