2017/11/15

WIP: Watercolor Practice

Work in progress, autumnal fairy girl with #janedavenport #watercolorpaint in a @moleskine_world watercolor pocket book.

The past weekend I have been working with my water colors again and sharing some work in progress today.  I took out my Jane Davenports Neutrals and Brights sets and went to work in my Watercoloringbook (A pocket moleskine I stamped some fun rubber stamp images in) This cute little fairy is from Sweetpea designs and I wanted her to have a fun autumnal look. I really loved working on the hair and stripey socks on this one :)

More #watercolorpractice on scrap papers.
On a scrap piece I colored this fairy from VLVS! and used a lot of glittery watercolors from Cloves and Honey. You can see the finished art journal page HERE.

On my desk, watercolor practice = a happy relaxed saturday 😄 What are you working on to today? __________ #mailart #mailartist #mixedmediaart #mixedmedia #mixedmediaartist #artistsofinstagram #ATC #creativejourney #createeveryday #rubberstampart #ru
And another fun VLVS! design and she has an ATC format. A little sneak peek to a future post where I turn this into a little inspiration ATC card.

I absolutely LOVe working with my water colors and I have found that coloring my rubber stamped images with them really brings so much joy :) Sharing these desk shots over at Julia for WOYWW today. Looking forward to catch up with you all. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all are having a wonderful day. 


18 comments:

  1. I love your watercolor crafting! I am a huge watercolor fan and am trying to get myself enrolled into some classes that I may learn more of the "technique" side of the art! It is so beautiful! I also love your logo! Too cute! Blessings, Felicia #26

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful watercolouring you have been doing. I was very impressed with the first picture I came to and then it unfolded to another and another. Really lovely work.
    I need to find time to play with these paints and see what I can do - long way off your skill I am afraid.
    Hugs and thanks for visiting me
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercolours. You are a very clever lady. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on your watercoloring. So much fun! Thanks for sharing. Dorlene #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your watercoloring is beautiful! So much detail! Thanks for the visit and have a great week!
    Carol N #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your watercolouring, very beautiful and your colour chart is a work of art in it's self.
    Have a good week
    Hugs Lisax #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love watercolours! Beautiful fairies! Have a fab week.
    Ellie #19

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercolouring is beautiful - you've got the shading just right! Lovely vibrant colours, too - much brighter than expected for watercolours. Lovely work. Thank you for your great comment and so glad our kittens' antics raised a laugh! We couldn't work out how Ruby got her suit off like that! I am sure they will soon be back to normal now the suits are allowing their wounds to heal without them going at the stitches all the time.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous watercolour work! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work shows great skill and understanding of your medium. The Atc is unique and pretty. Pleas excuse this comment written twice and lost it twice as new keyboard responds to my dithery hand hovering over the keyboard.
    Monica #28

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colouring - you have a gentle touch with the shading, it looks great.
    Hope you have a great week, sorry I'm late getting round,
    Diana x #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your watercolouring is beautiful! I love the fairy! Thanks for your earlier visit, have a great week! Lindart #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your watercolours are delightful, so rich and absorbing. Adorable fairy. Cold so much better this week, foot still sore and hot flashes are getting interesting. Thanks for the visit BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous water colours. SO vibrant and fun. Happy WOYWW Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. Well done - those watercoloured pieces are just great. I really must get around to trying this... just never seem to have spare time at the moment!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to agree ... working with watercolours does bring joy. I think the stamps look super in watercolour.
    sandra de @4

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOh Miss Cheetarah, I love your colour style! I was always a bit ambivalent about water colours because they struck me as a bit pale...washed out even (!!), but youare socking it to me, love it. The ATC image is such a nice idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh some lovely watercolours and love your little tins for storage too.
    Thanks for visiting my WOYWW this week (running a little late) already
    kyla #13

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.