2017/03/06

MailART Monday: Just be happy!

just be happy mail art

On this week's mail art monday a colorful explosion with Brusho's and combining some awesome stamps from Visible Image. Something happy and bright in anticipation to springtime!

Just be happy mail art
The envelope I worked on already had a dotted background made with this Carabelle Studio's Stencil and some light and fluffy modeling paste. I stamped the jumping woman from Tomorrow Doesn't Exist stamp set with Colorbox navy blue and embossed with clear embossing powder. I did the same thing with the Just be Happy sentiment, though I used two colors ink. The embossed parts and modeling paste will work as a resist with the brusho.

Just be happy mail art
Working with Brusho's is always such a happy fun messy time :) I had sprinkled some Rose, Gambodge and olive Brusho's on the envelope and spritzed water all over it. Dabbed some color/water away from the embossed and stencilled aria's and just let it dry. I repeated this process until I was satisfied with the color splash on the envelope. When you do this make sure you let previous layers dry well, as not to get the colors too muddy. When dried the colors are permanent, so no need for an extra sealer. 

By the way I had placed a address label between Just be and Happy to get the right placing of the words. I added a fresh label when the envelope dried and put some some masking tape around it. I also stamped some great Visometry stamps on the edges (also with colorbox and then just heat set) for a happy and vibrant look. And the envelope is now ready to mail!

Entering this mail art envelope in the following challenges
The Three Muses - Mail Art
Everybody Art - Envelope
As you like it - what do you make other than cards 
Well mail art has been my fave thing to make and love it more so than making cards :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous mail art. How could we not be happy!! This is such a joyful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that is the kind of envelope I would like to get in my mail (instead of those boring brown ones!) Thanks for sharing with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a joyful bit of mail art. Thank you for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly the definition of Happy Mail! I can only imagine finding something so beautiful in my box. Thanks so much for playing along with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.