2015/11/12

Thriftfinds Thursday - Inky goodness from across the border

On a recent impromptu trip to Antwerp for my wedding anniversary last weekend, we came across a few fun pen stores: Penworld, Kockx and Pen and Pencil. They are definitely worth the visit! I found a few vintage fountain pen ink gems I want to share with you here.

Vintage ink finds: caran d'ache blue in J Herbin bottle #carandache #Fpgeeks #FPN #fountainpennetwork #fountainpeninks #ink #fountainpen #vintage #luckyfind

At Penworld I found the Caran d'Ache blue in a J. Herbin bottle. They are pre Colors of the earth series and I was lucky enough to find a turquoise bottle not too long ago at de Roos in Heemstede, NL. 

An amazing find! An older bottle of Caran d'ache turkisgrün ink which was manufactured by J. Herbin. #carandache #inkbottle #fpgeeks #fountainpennetwork #fountainpenink #ink #turquoise

Also at the same store, in a little corner tucked away, I found these super cute mini baby bottles of sheaffer skrip inks. 
Vintage ink finds: mini sheaffer inks red, peacock blue, emerald green, brown #sheaffer #skrip #vintage #ink #fountainpennetwork #FPN #fountainpenink #Fpgeeks #inks

They are the size of those tiny baby bell cheeses, super cute! I do love cheese, but I rather have these inks than those baby bells though. Just saying in case you were wondering ;)

Vintage ink score: montblanc violet #vintage #montblanc #Fpgeeks #FPN #fountainpennetwork #fountainpenink #violet

Then over at Kockx which is the oldest fountain pen store in Antwerp (and also has a lot of exclusive and expensive pens) I found the montblanc violet ink. I am very curious how this compares to the lavender purple. 

I can't wait to swab these on my Maruman Mnemosyne word card tabs. 

What is your latest lucky vintage find?

Thanks for stopping by!

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic find. Caran d'Ache Turquoise is my favorite color ink and has been for about 60 years. The nuns in school hated it as they wanted everyone to use black.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.