2018/07/18

WCW: Mermaid Hair practice (with video tutorial)

Mermaid Hair with Jane Davenport products

Its been a little quiet on my blog, I know. Summer is here, and with the wonderful weather, I rather be outside than inside on my days off. So it means less PC time = not many blog posts. I am sorry about that, though if you are curious what I am making be sure to check out my Instagram page as I share there almost daily. Mostly they are watercolor related as I've decided to practice my watercolor techniques in my moleskine pocket book for world watercolor month. 

Mermaid Hair with Jane Davenport products
Here I used Jane Davenport face stamp and Glitz Sea watercolors (with added in colors from the neutrals set) and Pilot Parallel pens filled with Rohrer and Klingner Sketch ink. 

Also instagram came out with a new feature, like last month (yeah I'm always so slow with updates on phone apps) which is called IGTV and I just decided, you know what, let's jump right in! So I've added some video tutorials there, one specifically shot  vertically for IGTV (they only accept vertical video's) and then altered for my YT channel.

So I'll be linking the YT version below, but since the angle is different, if you prefer the original IGTV vertical angle, you can watch it HERE


If you have watch the process video, I'm curious because I kinda like the angle of the IGTV better for this type of tutorial. The lager art journals definitely have to be shot from a birds eye view to get everything in the film. So I'm still figuring out if I should upload to both channels (means extra work!) or just choose the right type of video host and then just link. You can't embed the video link from IGTV yet, so watching directly from the blog is also difficult. So there are pro's and cons for both formats... 

Oh so many new things to try out! Have you tried out IGTV for your tutorials? If so let me know what you think :) 

Linking this to Art Journal Journey - Art for Art's sake July theme - great theme and art can be always a practice to get better at certain skills, right? Messing around with new materials and see what you can create with them, is also just part of the fun :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have an awesome week!

5 comments:

  1. Simply AMAZING Cheetarah! So happy to see you at Art Journal Journey again! Thank you for joining us with this stunning entry and video! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your mermaid's green hair, and the video is fun and easy to watch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mermaid with the green hair and eyes so much. A lovely face and a very nice image.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her Cheetarah! I love seeing how she was created too! The shading is just brilliant and I love the little touch of spatter! Thank you so much for linking to my theme at Art Journal Journey! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed lovely, Cheetarah. I saw the red haired beauty on Wednesday's post. I adore this one as much as her counterpart. It is so sweet of you to share it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.