2018/07/25

WCW: The Little Mermaid - Jane Davenport Glitz Sea Palette

WCW: Little mermaid

I have been a lot of fun using my watercolors from Jane Davenport which I bought at a Michaels in Canada on my vacation there in May. The sets are of such a great quality and it's the glitz sea set I bought there. Great colors for watery landscapes and my first try out was to color the mermaid (which is a stamp by sweet pea designs) and make the background into an ocean scene.

WCW: Little mermaid

A little process shot of when I colored her and was sketching in the background. Those wee little brushes are amazing for details in her hair.

WCW: Little mermaid

Here you can see the swatches in my swatch book and the larger pans you see and I filled with Daniel Smith interference paints. When you tilt the page at an angle you can see the color shifts in her hair and tail. 

And you may have seen my little watercoloring hyperlapse video's on my Facebook Page or Instagram on IGTV - if you are following me there, but I've also compiled a playlist on my YouTube Channel and add the recent process video's there too to have it all on one place. I might do another mermaid one with a process video later this week too. 

Have you tried this set or any other Jane Davenport sets? If so let me know what you think of it!

Sharing my desk shots with my friends over at Julia's WOYWW#477 this week. I'm so glad the weather is cooling off a little bit here and hoping for a little bit of rain so the succulents and poor wild life animals have some relief! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you all have a great wednesday!

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Cheetarah. I must admit to not having any Jane Davenport products, watercolours or otherwise, but they certainly look quality. Love how you used the detail brushes in her hair. Have a great week. Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty job on the Mermaid. I'm sure her products are ranked high on the list. Wishing you a soft gentle rain and some cool temps. Crazy weather all over the world. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there's anything nicer than a new watercolour palette - all those possibilities! Your mermaid is lovely, you caught her attitude very well :-D
    Hugs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab looking paints! Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mermaid stamp is so cute and you have painted her beautifully. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Love Caro x (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. What a sweet face. Wishing you a great woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable painting. I love how you have such control of the watercolors. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been painting too!I love DS paints! thanks for the look around.
    robyn 27

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colored mermaid! I do have an old set of "winsor & newton" paint - it belonged to my beloved but he does not paint anymore and I myself love acrylics more so we both never use it. I do love the colour-series in your box! Have a great week, warm (tropical!) hug from the Netherlands, Marit #21

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely watercoloring. I can see you are very talented. Thanks for sharing your wonderful mermaid art. Thanks for your visit, too. #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work and what a pretty stamp. Your watercolours are lovely, I haven't tried Jane Davenport paints but it's certainly a name I'll look out for.
    Have a great rest of the week,
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your visit to my blog, I love your mermaid

    Lilian B# 15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cheetarah, Your Mermaid is lovely.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #8

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Love her! Happy belated WOYWW Dorlene #34

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. Gorgeous little mermaid. Great colour mix.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little mermaid is so sweet. Thanks for visiting my blog and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful mermaid! Love your coloring! I only have watercolor pencils and haven't used them nearly as much as my colored pencils. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
    Carol N #26

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful painting, Cheetarah. I love the vibrant colours. Thank you for your comment on my blog, and I'm glad you liked the pictures of my recent cooking adventures. The bread isn't quite amazing yet, but I'm gradually perfecting it! I agree that the kitties need water as much as the birds do, but perhaps I should suggest to the birds that they bath in the bowl of water my hubby put out for the kitties haha!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #38

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven’t tried any of the JD paints. I’m drawn to all of her stuff, her colour use is so so attractive to me, but I don’t often dabble in any media ther than paper, stamps and glue really, and I know myself....if I buy some, I won’t get round to using them for ages if at all....I love the mermaid, you can see the dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your mermaid piece, beautifully done. That looks like a really interesting palette of colours to play with, JD has a great eye for colour doesn't she, and it's always worth having good quality paints. Annie C #10

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for visiting, sorry I'm so late returning the compliment. Love the sweet mermaid. Anne x #9

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely adorable painting and I can imagine the shimmer for your sea bit of the picture. No, I don't have any of her paints, do have the Butterfly Book and tried some watercolour pens but I was not blown away by them - they tended to flood - maybe I am too heavy handed.
    I bought three sets of Prima paints (similar) so I dare not buy any more, I have far far too many paints.
    Sorry I am so late - Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.