2017/02/16

Cascading butterflies

Cascading butterflies ATC

I have been so inspired by the February mood board at Our Mixed Media Moods I created another piece based on the lovely butterfly imagery and color on the top right. I created the ATC you see above.


WIP stencils and nesting dies

I created the base of the ATC using gesso and modeling paste from The Crafter's Workshop. The butterflies are from a mixed stencil set created by Joanne Fink (Zenspirations)  for TCW) I used some ATC nesting dies from Marianne's Creations to cut them to size.

liquitex muted collection heavy body paint

The color on the ATC I created with these gorgeous Liquitex Muted Collection paints. I used the muted grey, rose and violet. And also the corresponding INKS! in the same line.

Cascading butterflies ATC
Added a bit of shimmering spatters on the work with Ranger perfect pearls kiwi and corn poppy and added tarnished brass distress stain on the edges before I matted it on the black card stock. I really love how this turned out and am going to make a few of these in different colors.

I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - use your fave tool which in the past months have been modeling paste & stencils for sure!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the texture and the depth of the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.