2017/02/22

WIP: A wink of sparkle

Sweetpea kitty girl ATC
It's always really wonderful to try out new craft supplies and discovering something you really like. A while back I picked up a clear Wink Of Stella brush pen by kuretake at a local retailer and I was curious about the effect it could give to my work. Chose to work with this particular stamp as it's a recent addition. I love this Sweetpea stamp a lot! How cute is this girl, those eyes and the kitty!! It's about ATC size (most of their stamps are) and fit wonderfully in a 9 pocket protector or ATC sleeve. I colored her in with pro markers on neenah classic crest paper. 

A hint of sparkle
Errr... yeah I might have gone overboard with the purchase (disclosure, these were all 50% off on retail price at a holiday sale at an online store ) but one can not have too much sparkle in one's life, right? I'm also very curious to try out the spectrum noir brush pens and how they compare to wink of stella. I found a very useful review HERE by Sprinkled with Glitter if you are interested in the difference yourself. The Dina Wakely Mica Spray has been on my wishlist for a while, glad to finally have them to play with. 

Sweetpea stamp & letraset colors
So here you see her with the added sparkle. I used it to accentuate some streaks in the girl's hair and eyes and I love it! It's easy to work with and just lightly applied, so much shimmer can come off it. The brush is bouncy and smooth and the sparkle really sparkles! It's a fine glitter and it stays on the page quite well even when dry. I'm a fan! The dots are done with a white gel pen, the one I received in the ArtSnacks October box. Talking about the Artsnacks boxes, I'm like 3 months behind with a show and tell/review. Ugh, so much to do and so little time... Hope to do those eventually!

By the way, I'm sad that the SweetPea Stamp company discontinued to make stamps, so if you find any of them out there which you like, grab them up for sure!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.