2016/12/19

Mailart Monday: Happy Holidays!

Holiday cards design 2016

The season is nearly upon us! We've decorated our apartment in the holiday spirit and I've also made some cards to send out. Well, I've made one card, scanned it and sent off to the printer because that was the best and fastest way to do it. Sadly the prints have not arrived yet, grumble, but I can show you the card design. I've used stencils 101 by Ed Roth, a lot of distress inks with a blending tool and designs by Ryn texture stamp. I've used the stag stencil first and blotted ink through the stencil with my blending tool. When I was satisfied with the look, I took the texture stamp and stamped it through the stencil to give it some more interest. Then I went on with the wreath and blended the colors until I was satisfied with the look of it. Same as with the "Happy Holidays" sign under it. I made sure to mask off all parts of the stencil and the aria around it with low tack masking tape to get a clean and simple design. I'm quite happy with how it looks :) I am curious what the prints will look like and hopefully they will arrive any day now so they can get sent out this week, to hopefully arrive on time for the holidays. Here is the slightly altered digital version:


 I digitally altered the card to add a border and a watermark. Feel free to use the above image for your holiday cards as well (you can just download the image by right click saving). 
A little holiday gift from me to you as a thank you for your support with my blog and journey this year :)

Have you made your own holidays cards this year? 
If so, leave a link below I would love to see them :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

namasté

3 comments:

  1. Mooi stencil! Enne gave kaart! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a kind gift to let your followers use your card design :) It's a lovely Christmas card! I hope your prints arrived in time. Wishing you a lovely holiday. Thank you for sharing your art with me in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.