2016/12/05

Mailart Monday: Dream Brightly

Making mail art, just like working in my art journal, is definitely a way to visualize my emotions and try to express them. I have been dealing with SAD and every time when winter rolls around, it's hard for me to be active, engaging or express my creativity when feeling all the ranges of darker blues inside you. But that doesn't stop me from trying though, it just takes a lot more time and energy than at brighter times. I am less prolific in winter than I am in spring/summer and creations that come out of these dark blue hues often have a tinge of sadness/melancholy in them. Like the cards I made below.
She was a dreamer card
This Vintage Lady stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps resonates how I am feeling, tired, exhausted but head still full with idea's. I stamped her on transparency paper, colored her in with Letraset markers and adhered her ontop of a piece I was saving for a while to use at the best moment. They are trims from ATC's in blue green colors. I adhered them all on one piece as a tumbling building block or a rainfall of thoughts/dreams as they represent now. The "she was a dreamer"stamp came from the same plate (1459) and totally fits this mood. I used lilac and violet colored card stock as base. I worked with gold foil on the black card stock for some shimmery warm effect.
She was a dreamer ATC
I made this ATC to accompany the card. The background is from left over project pieces, same way I did this ATC. With distress crayons I colored the lady and added more accents to the card with the scribble heart from the same plate. The row of open chevrons is from plate 1471. The warm colors of this ATC is a nice contrast to the cooler colors of the note card. A reminder that it's important to dream warm and bright in these dark blue days. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Gaaf hoe je deze stempel verwerkt! (Ik kijk ook altijd naar de kleuren die je combineert; hier weer zo'n bijzondere combi!) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.