2016/10/28

Mini Art Journal: An Ocean of Drops

mini art journal a multitude of drops

Today I am sharing an spread in my art journal inspired by a quote from Cloud Atlas, which fits beautifully with the stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps and Designs by Ryn.

mini art journal a multitude of drops
The background is made on Maruman Zuan watercolor paper on which I used different Dylusions spray inks, brusho crystals in blues and teals and spattered liquitex acrylic inks in black and white. The brusho ceated some fun effects with the spray inks. When it dried I then stamped on the drops from Designs by Ryn with Staz on Azure. 

mini art journal a multitude of drops
A close up of the background, a multitude of drops effect. The greens are from the brusho crystals which gave a fun unexpected effect. And these drops stamps from Designs by Ryn are just amazing!

mini art journal a multitude of drops
I colored the half face with tears from VLVs with letraset promarkers and ripped it out and adhered to the page. The lettering of the quote I have done with a black brush calligraphy pen from Muji store which I forgot I had ;) It was a good test to see how it works on watercolor paper. I had to trace it a couple of times to get the deep black I wanted. It would probably work better on smoother paper. 

mini art journal a multitude of drops
The I adhered the page to my journal and added some washi on the top and bottom of the page to cover up some empty strips. I traced the quote with a sakura stardust pen to give it some sparkle. 

"What is the ocean but a multitude of drops?"

I'm entering this journal page in the october customer creation challenge at the Designs by Ryn blog. Wish me luck :)

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

namasté

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tarah, thanks so much for what you wrote :) So glad to see you're enjoying the stamps! Great pairing of imagery with the quote! I just saw that movie for the first time a few weeks ago. Very different film! I enjoyed it. Loved seeing the process photos for this as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi hoe je deze 2 stempels combineert! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.