2016/08/20

Mini Art Journal - Poison Ivy

poison ivy mini art journal

After weeks of feeling crappy and not having the energy to do much creatively, I finally made an effort today to make something in my mini art journal. I sorta had to as this is my day to post an inspiration page on the Inkadinkadutchies FB page with stamps from Lost Coast Designs. I got inspired by "Fan Girl" which is the main image I used for my spread. I love the art deco swirls and wanted to depict her like the comic character Poison Ivy. I did two takes on her, stamped her on 160gms white stamping paper first with memento black and the second with cotton ivy green. I colored her in with Letraset Tria Promarkers as with the detailler tip you can really get into the swirls of the hair. Some close up pictures:

poison ivy mini art journal

Poison Ivy originally has red hair. But in some versions she is also completely green. Like the depiction below.

poison ivy mini art journal

I cut the images out and adhered then to the background made out of lot of different layers: marbled page on which I stamped the Grunge, loopy calligraphy and fruit pods background stamps in various colors of green and dark blue. I also love my new OMBRE stamp pad from HeroArts.

poison ivy mini art journal

In the end I also spattered some liquid acrylics from Liquitex INKS! in white and gold to give the page more interest. I'm really happy how it turned out :) How wonderful it was to spend some time in my art room again!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Namasté

PS: Also don't forget my Masterboard Mailart Giveway ends tomorrow! Just leave a comment at the blogpost to be entered for the giveaway :)

1 comment:

  1. Zo ziet die dame er super uit! Zou niet kunnen zeggen welke mijn voorkeur heeft; de kleuren geven ze elk zo'n mooie eigen sfeer! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.