Featured Post

2015/07/09

Thriftfinds Thursdays - The philatelist edition

Look at all the pretty colors! I just love sorting through my stamps #filaterie #stampcollector #postzegels #postagestamps #postage #vintage #glassinebags #sorting #colorcoordination #postal

In a little quaint town called Orvelte, they had a fun market around pentecost. And the towns people also sold some vintage stuff. I came accross a huge suitcase of glassine bags and upon further inspection, the glassine bags contained a lot of vintage stamps! I was in heaven! Took my fine time deciding which stamps I wanted to take home with me and kept it at a modest 10 bags.

I found these awesome vintage stamps in glassine bags on the right at a fleamarket. It inspired me to get soms bags myself to sort my stamps and keep them in these bags too. #filaterie #postzegels #postal #postagestamps #stampcollector #stamps #mail #post

I got home and started sorting them. It's always such a nice and relaxing task. I'm not a collector in the sence that I keep them in albums, I use them for my mail art mostly. So I got myself some glassine bags to store the stamps in.

Some of the mail art I make with postage stamps:

Some late night mail art crafting #snailmail #mail #mailart #postage #stamps #postzegels #postagestamps #postcard #handmade
Profiling #mailartsunday #mail #mailart #snailmail #snailmailrevolution #postage #post #paris #mapart #IUOMA #briefmarken #postzegels #postcard #maskingtape
A portrait #mailart #snailmail #snailmailrevolution #swap #swapbot #sent #postage #stamps #postzegels #IUOMA #postcard #handmade
Going postal mail art rond robin zine, my page #mailart #mail #snailmail #postage #post #postal #sma #stamps #zine #roundrobin
Mail Art Bonus 2013-370 back
mail art 365-014

Are you a stamp collector? Do you use postage stamps in your art?

Thanks for stopping by!
Namaste

4 comments:

  1. These are great, I too use stamps in my (mail)art - check them out here - http://positivelypostal.com/positively-postal-portfolio/ Thanks,
    Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Scott! your works looks awesome too! if you care to swap Postage Mail art with me, Let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there Tarah/Miss Thundercat, it would be great to swap some Postage Mail art with you so here is my address and if you let me know yours I will jump into postal art action!

    Scott @ Positively Postal
    P.O. Box 477
    Hounslow
    U.K. TW3 9HD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott, sorry for my late reply, I have been away for a bit. Great that you want to swap mail art. Thanks for your address! I don't have a PO box, but if you let me know your email address, I'll email you my postal address :) thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very appreciated ❤