2018/08/31

30 days of Micro Journaling - that's a wrap!

If you have been following me on Facebook & Instagram this past month, you undoubtedly seen my micro journal art spreads which I have shared for 30 days straight. It was a super fun challenge to do and I'm amazed that I actually managed to keep it up! The support I received on both platforms was also very encouraging and it really surprised me that so many were interested in micro journaling them selves that I've made a Facebook group where we currently have 300 members in the past weeks already! Really just AMAZING to see all the enthusiastic responses and how people got inspired to take up this journey as well :) 

Today I wanted to share this collage of all 30 works together and a link to the playlist on Facebook where you can see all the video's I've made the past month and flip through's as well. Eventually they are all going to be on my YouTube Channel also.

collage 30 days
Days 1 - 9

collage 30 days
Days 10 - 18

collage 30 days
Days 19 - 27

30 days micro art completed
Days 28 - 30 and the Matchbox with the little books in them 

It's also interesting how my nail polish colors switched up this month too, haha :D I've been asked a lot of the following questions during the challenge and I thought it would be good to have a FAQ section here as well, just as a reference.

What is the size of your mini notebook? 
The size of these books are 4.4 cm (1.73 inch) by 4.1 cm (1.61 inch) which is the official traveler's 10th anniversary notebook size. The cover is 4.7 x3.2 cm (1.85 x1.26inch) closed. More info on the official TN can be found HERE  

Where do you get them? 
I received mine from a friend. There are a few available on amazon and other shops, just google 10th edition midori traveler's notebook. There are people making their own as well. 

Have you made your own inserts? 
Yes I have! I have used 90lbs/grams watercolor paper for this and stapled them together. I also rounded the corners with a paper punch. The best thing to do is have a template from cardboard ready so if you need to make new inserts you just cut along your template. There is a video about it HERE 

What are those sheets you use for coloring?
Daniel Smith watercolor dot sheets which I have cut up in 9 segments to easily put in a pocket holder. On my Facebook I have made a separate post about it. 

Which paint brushes do you use and what are their sizes? 
Usually I use the Winsor and Newton Value watercolor brushes variation of sizes from 1-0-0/2

Now that the challenge is over will continue to keep making mini art journal pages? 
At the moment I'll be taking a little break from it, and I might just do a few pages here and there but not a full 30 days challenge again. It's good to step away from things and see how it impacted you and grow from it, see how you want to continue. 

Will you host a monthly challenge?
No, I will not. This challenge was also not hosted by me but by AkayWrites on Instagram in association with CafeAnalog. They came up with the challenge and prompts for this month. Though I tried to adhere to the prompts in the beginning I found out that I prefer to work freestyle and just see where the creativity takes me. So I abandoned the prompts and did whatever I felt like. It's much more freeing to work this way, at least for me. So hosting a challenge with daily prompts is also not something I would be comfortable with as of yet. 

But how can I start with micro journaling myself? 
The answer to this is fairly simple:  you just take a micro journal, and you start. Just do it, don't think about it too much and see where it takes you. If you want to share your journey with me and others, you are welcome to join the Micro Art Journal group I have set up on facebook, where we encourage each other and share our progress. 

Hope to see you there :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.