2018/01/29

Art Journal Page: In Neutral (+ Process Video)

In Neutral

This weekend I finally had the urge to make a collage work again and I also filmed the process. This piece is made with vintage ephemera and neutral colors, as inspired by Our Mixed Media Moods mood board of January 2018, put together by DeeDee Catron and Jenn Engle.

Isn't this mood board just amazing?! I absolutely love the color scheme and I have collected a lot of vintage ephemera over the years that fits wonderfully in this theme. I also love all the layering and adding transparencies into the piece. I was mostly inspired by the bottom two right images with layering and color tone, so that is what I used as a inspiration start up point for my project.

In Neutral
At a thrift market I also found an envelope full with slides and negatives and I used one of them in this project. I've sandwiched a piece of type written paper in it so that you can see that through the negative. I also used Tim Holtz silhouette flower dies cut in tracing paper to add some interest.

In Neutral

Of course I also had to add some vintage postage stamps to the piece! You can see the whole process below in the video.

By the way the lyrics I scribbled down are from a song from the new album of PINK, which I am continuously listening to these days. 

Items used: 
distress stains in colors: vintage photo, tea dye, wild honey, antique linen, 
Metallic copper and brass. 
Script stamp from Joy Crafts
face stamp from Carabelle Studio's
Staz-on Stone Grey ink
Memento mocha 
Silhouette flowers die cut 
matte medium 
uhu glue stick 
black embroidery floss 
crafter's companion tape roller 
LOTS of vintage emphemera

I'm also entering this piece in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Layer it up

Thanks so much for stopping by and watching the video. As always your support is hugely appreciated, so if you liked the video, please let me know by pressing like on YT and perhaps subscribe to my channel if you want to stay updated on my process video's. 

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. ADORE the textures and distressed edges and layering! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Layer It Up” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you have created and fab video..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.