2017/01/06

Art Journal: A bright burst of thoughts

A bright burst of thoughts

When I was walking about in the Hague I entered the Flying Tiger and saw they had a couple of spiral bound journals for sale with black sturdy pages in them. "Oh no," I thought, " this could be the beginning of new art journals!" And yeah I took them home with me to test. It's a smaller journal (A7 sized) a bit bigger than ATC size which appealed to me. I also wanted to work directly onto the paper, instead of adhering a made page into my journals like I have done before. Also I have no spiral journal. Yes, yes I'm reciting all the excuses I had in my head before buying the journal, haha!

A bright burst of thoughts
To start off I added a layer of crafter's workshop golden gesso as a primer. Then took their Burst stencil and applied some light and fluffy modeling paste to it. I placed the burst center on the right side so the rays spread out on the left. Let that dry and added dabs distress paints onto the paper from top to bottom: Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber. I spritzed water over it and let the colors blend and mix until the stenciled image was covered in paint. After I heat dried it I took a script stencil and applied some more fluffy paste over it.  I dabbed some evergreen bough and blue print sketch on the craft sheet and spritzed some water over it. This time took a brush to color the script in blue tones and parts around the rays as well. After that all dried I spritzed some mica sprays in buttercup and corn flower over it. The half face stamp is Franco Face from Lost Coast Designs, which I love using in my other art journals. I made several of those faces to be used in other projects. I adhered the face to the right and then lightened the aria around it with a mix of mustard seed and picket fence distress strains and applied it with a brush. To give color back to the script I used the blue Wink of Stella brush pen over the script. 
Bright Burst of thoughts
I do love how the the first page I made in the journal turned out! 
Entering this journal page in the MMMC #32 put a stencil on it.

And the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #32 Anything goes

You might be wondering what I did with the other half of the face, right? Well I used that for an ATC which you can see below:
fantasy dream world ATC
It was made for a Fantasy themed swap at Art chicks Studio FB group.

fantasy dream world ATC
I also used the skyline stamp ATC size from Lost Coast Designs. Used clear embossing on the card then rubbed pearl metallic rubs over the raised edges. then some black distress crayon for the shadows. Written words with a white gel pen and the outline as well. Here the words are still in the girl's head, but on my art journal page she managed to get them out :)

Thank you for stopping by and wishing you a creative and wonderful weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Heel aantrekkelijk deze voorkant; daar zul je vaak naar rijken! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work - so glad you found the journal !!! and thanks for joining the Lost Coast Designs challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, love what you have done! The texture, and the colors, fabulous! Makes me so wonder what's on her mind, LOL. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Anything goes -challenge, Happy New Year 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that its matted onto black, really makes the colours and texture pop. The ATC is great also. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous make! Love the combination of stamps and stencils you used! Thanks so much for joining us on Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous colors and textures, and so cool with half the face! Everything looks so good on that black paper. Thanks so much for entering this great project in the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity's "Anything Goes" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this!! The modeling paste and the stencil is really beautiful! Love! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.