2018/12/07

Art Journal: Autumn Memories - CSTIMI

The weather is getting colder and my fave season has almost ended. When I went for a walk on a beautiful bright autumn day a few weeks ago, I found a gorgeous leaf in beautiful vibrant colors which I decided to take home. I wanted to incorporate it in an art journal page as an ode to my fave season. The leaf is portraying so many fall colors which reminded me of my favorite Lindy’s Magicals set Autumn Leaves.

It became the starting point of this art journal page. I also wanted to use a couple of my favorite StencilGirl® Products stencils and Viva Las VegaStamp! mixed media stamps. You'll find a list of products used at the end of the post 

While I was making this page I also had the camera running so you can watch the video tutorial of it here 


Below are a few close up pictures

TIP: when you dry the modeling paste to the touch you can stamp in there to create some fun textures in the paste. Just make sure your stamp is wet (just spray on some water) so the paste doesn’t stick too much on your stamp.





Products used: 

Mediums: white gesso, white crackle paste and black modeling paste from DecoART media
Pigment powders & color sprays from Lindy's Gang: Lindy’s Magicals set Autumn Leaves. Moon shadow mists: Bluebeard blue violet, Buccaneer Bay blue and Smoky Sapphire And from the Industrial chic set : Shabby Turbine teal and Steampunk sepia. 
Others: Stamping ink from Staz-On, Distress crayon in chipped sapphire, skelleton leafs, hemp twine, Tim Holtz word stickers, Dina Wakley rosy paint, miniature foam roller. 


This is was an ode to my favorite season and I hope it inspired you to play along with our last Craft Stamper challenge of the year. All you have to do is link up a new project in which you have incorporated stamping. You are then in the running for fab prizes and you could even have your work featured in the magazine :) Also check out the current Art Call where reader submissions are requested for certain themed projects for the magazine. 

I'm also entering this art journal page to Art Journal Journey with the theme of My favorite season. Fantastic theme as always and I've been really enjoying playing along with the challenges this year! Looking forward to see what next year themes will be :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

  1. OMG - this is out of this world! So beautiful!
    You made us happy to link to AJJ dear Cheetarah!
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is heaven on a page. I love it, Cheetarah. I love the way you positioned the leaf, and the use of crackle paste which caught my eye immediately. Thank you for joining us this month at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textures in the background and such a bold central image. I love the leaves gathering around her face.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.