2015/03/19

A birthday weekend away to Gent!

 It was my birthday on the 14th of march and like every year I like to have a little weekend away trip to celebrate it :) This year we went to Gent in Belgium. We were really lucky to have such wonderful weather, it was bright and sunny and the city was just beautiful! 

 the three cathedral towers, taken from a canal trip


I definitely love discovering lovely little treasures in cities I have not been in before, and one absolute treasure was Julie's cafe where I had my birthday pie, créme bruleé  with red fruits :) 

This slice was just heavenly and the little pie shop was just filled with lovely yummies like lemon pies, cupcakes and a whole lot more.

look at all the yummy pies!
 
And all the yummy cupcakes!

Of course Rilakkuma demanded one too!

Of course we also did some shopping! The thing I really loved about Gent is that it has fun little quaint shops where they sells handmade treasures! 
I loved discovering shops like
Huis Zwaluw


packed full with lovely homes ware items




And the Fallen Angels


Stacked with vintage and retro goodies!!





Other shops I also recommend to visit; Zsa Zsa Rouge and petit Zsa Zsa for more retro vintage wears. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures at those stores but really you will marvel at what you see :)
And of course I couldn't resist buying a few treasures there :)

If you haven't visited Gent yet, I recommend that you do, it's definitely worth it!
It was a birthday weekend well spent :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, a bit late... but happy birthday :D I think I must visit Gent too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That creme brulee looks SO GOOD! I'm suddenly hungry! :)
    ~S. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i'm also late in replying so it's quite okay- thank you Maartje!! you should definitely go visit gent sometime, it's just lovely!

    and sarah, it was REALLY good :D i want some more!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.