Featured Post

2011/04/06

My new old typewriter!

So the Sunday Market turned out to be a HUGE event this time around with over 200 stalls, it was very busy with lots to see and do! My little booth had a lot of visitors and a lot of lovely people whom I met before came by, but sadly not a lot of sales were made. However I did have a lot of fun there myself and that is what really matters in the end :) My niece came by in the afternoon and my lovely bf who always helps me with the markets said to ‘go look around and have fun!’ and that we did! There was really TOO much to see but we managed to find some really cool plushies, which we took back for my bf since he was so nice about giving us time away from the booth :) We got him a little sock monster and a fox plushie, but the names of the designers escape me sadly. Did I tell you it was really busy?! Haha!
 
Anyhow, during our stroll through the market we came across a really cool vintage stall that was selling an awesome brother deluxe typewriter in the color aqua. The original casing and user manual were also included, this for only 15Euro! It looked very well taken care of and I thought it was just perfect! The woman at the booth didn’t really know much about the typewriter, but I asked her if I could test it and I could. It typed really smoothly and everything worked really well except for the fact it needed new lint and the ‘pulley thing’ of the zipper from the casing was broken, but the lady offered a vintage keychain to add around the zipper part to work as a ‘pulley’. So basically I fell in love with the thing and wanted it right away, but had no more cash with me at the moment and went back to my booth.
I told my bf all about the typewriter and he must have seen the love struck look on my face, because he said ‘I’ll be back in a bit’ and when he came back he got the typewriter with him for me :)

the case has a label which says case and machine made in Nagoya, Japan'


Aren’t I a lucky duck to have such a considerate boyfriend and this awesome new vintage brother deluxe typewriter?!
I think I am :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great find!! I am a little jealous right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect! so glad you had fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd love a vintage typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the lovely comments zsuzsa, cameron & lily! it is definitely a gem :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very appreciated ❤