a bear in the forest
Lowlights (because you bring the bad news first):
* I became sick with the flue almost straight away upon arrival and it lasted almost the whole first week :(
* Because we stayed in a rural aria and traveled off season a lot of things were closed :(
* The time just flew by and before we knew it the 12 days we spent there were gone :(
* It rained only two days and was pretty sunny and sometimes even warm the rest of the time
* the house is located in the middle of the forest ad has amazing views and calming effect
* Completed some craft work for the craft fair
* Learned how to do wet and dry felting at the local Ullbutik (woolshop)
* Found some amazing craft supplies at second hand stores
* Won some fantastic embroidered swedish craft/hand work in auctions (it's a thing in Sweden, there are like auctions for all kinds of stuff and if you are lucky you can get cool stuff for very cheap!)
* Finished two books 'twenties girl' by Sophie Kinsella and 'the sugar queen' by Sarah Addison Allen. Enjoyed and recommend them both!
* Went biking on a special bike railtrack From Üdenholm to Hagfors to and back from the train museum
There were a lot of highlights this trip that totally outweighed the fact that I was sick in my vacation. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it all just fine inspite of that :) I'll share the picture of the things I made and the crafty stuff I bought and completed soon. I found some AMAZING hand embroidered stuff at the auctions and some embroidery patterens all from the 60s-70s :) Very inspirational stuff!
Now it's back to work again, sigh...