Featured Post

2010/09/10

a bear in the forest

Well, we're back from Sweden. It was an awesome trip and we had the chance to really relax in beautiful surroundings. we stayed at my bf's parent's vacation house, like we always do, for the 3rd year in a row now. It's an awesome holiday spot. I'm going to upload a few pictures of the trip over the weekend, but I wanted to share the high and lowlights of the trip here.

Lowlights (because you bring the bad news first):
* I became sick with the flue almost straight away upon arrival and it lasted almost the whole first week :(
* Because we stayed in a rural aria and traveled off season a lot of things were closed :(
* The time just flew by and before we knew it the 12 days we spent there were gone :(

Highlights:
* It rained only two days and was pretty sunny and sometimes even warm the rest of the time
* the house is located in the middle of the forest ad has amazing views and calming effect
* Completed some craft work for the craft fair
* Learned how to do wet and dry felting at the local Ullbutik (woolshop)
* Found some amazing craft supplies at second hand stores
* Won some fantastic embroidered swedish craft/hand work in auctions (it's a thing in Sweden, there are like auctions for all kinds of stuff and if you are lucky you can get cool stuff for very cheap!)
* Finished two books 'twenties girl' by Sophie Kinsella and 'the sugar queen' by Sarah Addison Allen. Enjoyed and recommend them both!
* Went biking on a special bike railtrack From ├ťdenholm to Hagfors to and back from the train museum

There were a lot of highlights this trip that totally outweighed the fact that I was sick in my vacation. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it all just fine inspite of that :) I'll share the picture of the things I made and the crafty stuff I bought and completed soon. I found some AMAZING hand embroidered stuff at the auctions and some embroidery patterens all from the 60s-70s :) Very inspirational stuff!

Now it's back to work again, sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! The trip sounds amazing (other than the getting sick part) and I can't wait to see the goodies you won...and the view from the house...both of which sound like Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very appreciated ❤